boudicca

alwaysbooks

Gone - Leona Deakin

Who likes to play games? Well it seems quite a few people. It falls to an ex MI6 agent and a psychologist to find some of the missing ones. It sounded interesting especially the different occupations of the investigators. I loved the beginning and the end, but found the middle a bit too dry and therefore a little boring. This pair were slow on working out who was pulling the strings as it was obvious! Also not keen on referring to people by their surnames most of the time and it was confusing to start with. It was an interesting concept and debut. Is this the first in a new investigative series, if so, it would make for something a little different from the usual run of the mill police novels. Might even be a good tv programme too!