boudicca

alwaysbooks

Ghosted - Rosie Walsh

Sarah and Eddy spend one week together, but despite all his promises doesn’t call her. She is bewildered and upset by this and refuses to let matters be. From that point on she becomes a bit of a pest, acting more like a woman half her age. In fact neither of the main characters behaved in an adult way! Also there were too many characters who could have quite easily have been omitted - the story didn’t need extra padding. I very much enjoyed the book despite the above niggles and didn’t want to put it down. Lovely descriptions of the Cotswolds and the palpable misery of Eddie and Sarah just oozed from the pages. The cover was enchanting and the novel beautifully written.