boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Taken Girls - Lawrence Sanders

D I Ed Ogborne is sidelined from the Met to the fairly small town of Canterbury in Kent where she immediately finds herself in charge of the team charged with locating the person kidnapping young girls only to release them shortly afterwards with a little something extra. This is a story with a difference, a bit strange, no violence and the one doing it is kind hearted, which is more than can be said for Ed and her team!. Most of them were a bit odd, with no flesh to their bones, so to speak. Some of this book is repetitive and in places a bit clunky but it was easy enough to read even if it was obvious who did it. I prefer to find it much harder to work out who is the criminal. Not really gripping, but intriguing enough to keep reading.