boudicca

alwaysbooks

Clowders - Vanessa  Morgan

A strange village in Luxembourg overrun with cats. You are allowed to stroke, feed, love them but do not under any circumstances harm them! Irish Aiden, American Jess and their daughter move here from the USA when a vets job comes up, simply because Aiden has itchy feet. Loved the idea of this story but found the style of writing far too stilted, as if it had been translated, nor was it very scary. Creepy in parts, yes, but frightening, no. Aiden was very unpleasant and extremely selfish and Jess was just a doormat, without, it seems, a backbone. This could have been a terrific story, but didn’t quite come off.
Two and a half star rating.