boudicca

alwaysbooks

Calamity in Kent - John  Rowland

Jimmy London, a reporter recovering from something, is on the Kent coast which is very useful when a body is discovered in a locked cliff lift. Always with an eye for the main chance, he “helps” Inspector Shelley to solve the case - a bit self seeking, our Jimmy! Still it all makes for a good yarn, with policing from a different era but a villain is a villain no matter from which generation and still needs to be caught. Methodical and painstaking mostly as the crime is solved. Some of these older mysteries seem to have an abrupt ending and this one is no exception. An enjoyable read for those who like old fashioned crime stories.