boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Fear - C.L. Taylor

Lou was groomed by an older man when she was just 14 years old and when she returns home years later discovers history repeating itself with the same man and another vulnerable teenager. Looking at other reviews I was expecting to be knocked for six by this book, but was too busy feeling irritated by all the stupid, annoying decisions the older Lou kept making - it was all too much for me! I sympathised with her earlier, horrible experiences with this man, but had none for how she is now and just found her too exasperating. Wendy too wasn’t likeable - just weird. Topical subject to write about and well written as always, but not my favourite book by this author.