boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Good Samaritan - John Marrs

Have just fallen off this rollercoaster of a book, totally breathless and with no fingernails left!! What an experience it’s been. The lovely, kind Laura is a popular volunteer at a phone centre for troubled people, but she has a bit of an agenda. Then there’s Ryan who wants answers, so it’s like Bonfire Night when these two meet. So much evil contained in these pages, foolhardy and mean, plain nasty and idiotic. Let’s hope that real centres do a few more checks before they let people loose on the phones. I didn’t want to pick this book up but I couldn’t bear to put it down, enthralling, gripping and shocking from start to finish - more John please!!