boudicca

alwaysbooks

Faking Friends - Jane Fallon

Two “best” friends, Amy and Melissa, (although you wouldn’t think so after reading this!) vying with each other, taking revenge, tit for tat. Amy back from her acting job in the States for a surprise visit is the one who gets the surprise when she discovers that someone has moved in with her fiancé. All hell is let loose when the culprit is revealed. Loved it even though wouldn’t have thought that at their age they wouldn’t have been so childish - a bit more sophistication is needed I think! True colours were definitely shown by these childhood friends and they weren’t very pleasant. Two viewpoints and flashes back in time tell this tale which was riveting and comical in turns. I would love to see a return bout! This is a perfect book to put in your suitcase, ready for the beach or pool.