boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Perfect Neighbors: A gripping psychological thriller with an ending you won’t see coming - Rachel Sargeant

Helen joins her husband Gary in Germany where he’s a teacher at an international school, but things are not what she expected. There’s a strange atmosphere in the street where they live and a very overbearing neighbour, the wife of the headmaster, and also the local busybody. After a promising start, it did meander a bit, so wasn’t quite the thriller it could have been. I found the characters a bit bizarre with no likeable traits, especially the ones living in the street who “sucked’ up to Louisa. Loved the cover which was very enticing but wouldn’t want to live anywhere near neighbours like these!