boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Darkness Within - Lisa Stone

A nice young man is very ill and urgently needs a new heart which he is “lucky” enough to get but the trouble is that the donor is a nasty piece of work and it’s not long before the formerly well behaved Jacob becomes a carbon copy of bad boy Shane. A little bit on the unbelievable side with some of the coincidences and the way some of the characters behaved considering they were a religious family. Rosie was annoying too the way she just allowed things to happen. I didn’t think the style of writing “flowed” and came across as stilted sometimes nor were there any real shocks but it’s food for thought about how some recipients can take on the characteristics or likes/dislikes of the donor.