boudicca

alwaysbooks

Then She Was Gone - LISA JEWELL

A story of loss, angst and obsession. A happy family, mum, dad and three children, living the good life, until the day 15 year old Ellie doesn't come home. Ten years later and Laurel meets the handsome Floyd and his daughter Poppy who looks familiar. Told from the points of view of the main characters the reader discovers exactly what happened and why. Another fantastic book from this author, which kept me engrossed the whole way through - without any skimming! Descriptions of loss intermingled with happier moments as we go through Laurel's ups and downs as she tries to find out what happened to her beautiful daughter. Loved this story and didn't want it to end!