boudicca

alwaysbooks

A Stranger in the House - Shari Lapena

A beautiful couple leading beautiful lives until,the night Tom comes home from work to find a Marie Celeste situation - Karen isn't there. Tom runs around for a bit like some headless chicken, wondering what he should do about the situation. A creepy neighbour lives in their street to add some spice to the mix. It was entertaining rather than edge of your seat thrilling, a turn the page gently, not rip apart in the haste to find out what happens. Tom was a selfish drip, Karen was rather cold and unlikeable as were many of the other characters in this story. Great idea and cover and I would definitely pick it up for a closer look if I saw it in a bookshop.