boudicca

alwaysbooks

Watching Edie - Camilla Way

Three and a half star rating.
Edie, the popular one and Heather the loner become friends at school. All Heather wants is to look after her friend and keep her safe, even more so when Edie finds herself a boyfriend. Something happens and the pair lose touch - jump forward to the present time and Edie is pregnant and Heather is here again, to look after her and we discover what went so wrong before. Written then and now by both girls, we get to see what made them be the way they are. The pace of the story was good as we get to know more about these characters who are sadly not too likeable but I did empathise with them at times and could see why they behaved the way they did. There were some creepy moments and the subject was dark, especially towards the end. It was compelling enough to keep turning the pages and I would definitely read other books by this author.