boudicca

alwaysbooks

On My Way Home: A Hospice Nurse's Journey with Terminal Cancer - Joyce Hutchison

Three and a half star rating.
A short account of the author's battle with cancer and ultimate death, plus a little about her life - the irony being that she used to take care of people in this exact same position. A sad book of course given the subject matter, but also uplifting as she faced her treatment and final days with courage and dignity. This lady thought a lot about other people, especially her family who did all they could for her, and not much about herself. This was a very moving book and came away feeling Joyce would have been a wonderful friend.