boudicca

alwaysbooks

Let The Dead Speak - Jane Casey

Three and a half star rating.
A house full of blood but no body - what's going on? This is what Maeve Kerrigan and Josh Derwent have to find out. A very promising first chapter when Chloe, the victim's daughter, returns home earlier than expected and she's met, not by her mother, but an empty, blood spattered house. This was my first book by this author, so didn't know very much about the characters or their histories, but that didn't matter too much. I liked Josh and Maeve, the way they worked together and the villains were suitably bad too. The book was easy to read despite the gruesome parts and certainly kept this reader turning the pages to discover the truth about what really happened in this case. I will be looking forward to the next crime that this pair will solve!