boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Loving Husband - Christobel Kent

Does anyone ever really know anyone else? This is what Fran is faced with - who or what is her husband Nathan. I wanted to love this book as it definitely sounded by sort of thing, but sadly didn't. Didn't care for the style of writing which was a bit clunky with the very short sentences, sometimes only consisting of 1 word. The main off putting thing was Fran herself, both before and after they moved. Was there ever such a boring non-entity as this - she could send paint to sleep! Nathan is also annoying and the local police don't exactly fill you with confidence either. Loved the cover and the descriptions of The Fens.