boudicca

alwaysbooks

Undertow - Elizabeth Heathcote

A great tale of lies and half truths. Carmen is married to Tom who isn't very good at keeping his temper. Zena is the beauty who was the cause of Tom's first marriage breakdown, who dies mysteriously. Carmen wants to know what really happened to her that day. A really enjoyable read, even if Carmen grates a bit with her constant ferreting - this woman doesn't know when to leave well alone! I knew I would like it from the very first page, it kept me gripped and interested to see what would happen and certainly wasn't disappointed. Loved the book cover and style of writing and would happily read other novels by this author.