boudicca

alwaysbooks

Counting Chimneys: A novel of love, heartbreak and romance in 1960s Brighton (Brighton Girls Trilogy) (Volume 2) - Sandy Taylor

This is the second of a trilogy featuring the lovely Dottie Perks. An entertaining book featuring the highs and lows of Dottie's love life and how she copes with whatever life throws at her. She is very likeable but could do with being a bit more self assertive plus it's a pity that one or two of the other characters have yet to develop a bit of backbone, be less wishy washy. Once again great descriptions of Brighton in the 1960's, some fab new characters, a good mix of happy and sad times. Sandy has a lovely style of writing which keeps the reader turning the pages and to look forward to the 3rd book of Dottie's adventures. A lovely, heartwarming book from a great storyteller!