boudicca

alwaysbooks

I Found You: A Novel - Lisa Jewell

In Yorkshire, Alice notices someone sitting on the beach in the pouring rain. Meanwhile in Surrey, Russian Lily is distraught when her new husband fails to return home from work. What is the connection? This was an enjoyable read with its mix of suspense and mystery but maybe not one of this author's very best books. The 1993 sections were interesting as the starting point for the story - a simple family holiday which takes a sinister turn . The characters were "human" in that the reader could relate to them and their actions. Generous and good hearted Alice, rude and rather abrupt Lily plus the man on the beach who is so confused, doesn't know who he is or what he's doing there - but read on, all will be revealed in due course!