boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Privileged - Emily Hourican

Stella and Laura get Amanda out of a tight spot during their schooldays in Dublin and from then on are inseparable, even though she is very much out of their league and they have very little in common. I loved the description of this book and thought it was going to be a really good read and it might have been, had it been about a third shorter. It was much too long for what actually happened and I skimmed quite a lot of it, especially Stella's New York life and Laura's work as a journalist. The characters were a bit shallow - none of whom I could root for. I did like the author's style and it will be interesting to see what she writes next.