boudicca

alwaysbooks

Lie with Me - Kirk Bage, Sabine Durrant, Hodder & Stoughton UK

Just a little white lie, then another and another until a whole, huge web has been built. The story is told from Paul Morris's point of view. He's 42 years old with a rather high opinion of himself, but he has nothing to show for his life apart from a minor success in the literary world. The word freeloader must have been invented just for this very arrogant man! He is horrible, but then again, so are most of the other characters and I didn't like any of them. The holiday seemed endless and the sense of claustrophobia comes from that. It was an interesting concept, albeit a bit far fetched but the last section was gripping.