boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Stepmother: A gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist - Claire Seeber

Jeanie has a secret and is terrified that someone will find out, especially now as she has just married the man of her dreams. She has a teenage son and he has a twin son and daughter, so it's all a bit awkward. What should have been a perfect new life for them all, is anything but as someone is intent with sabotaging everything and Jeanie is convinced she is going mad. Loved the book despite of mousy Jean who always seems to put off doing something or saying what needs to be said and is very spineless! It was a great, exciting page turner with a few dark twists, leaving the reader wondering what nasty trick was coming next. I took it with on holiday and it was perfect for that.