boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Swimming Pool - Louise Candlish, Gabrielle Baker, Whole Story Audiobooks

This book was a bit of a struggle to be honest, especially all the jumping around. Going there and back - fine, but not this veering backwards and forwards in a few weeks timescale which doesn't make for easy reading on a Kindle. It took me quite a while to get into the story as it was just a bit slow and took rather a long time to get to the climax. As for the characters? Well what a loathsome bunch - smug Ed and Nat, who were most irritating of all and to think this pair were actually teachers!! This will appeal to lots of people and I realise I'm in the minority here. I did like the cover and loved the idea for the novel which did have its moments and for that reason I would definitely try other books by this author.