boudicca

alwaysbooks

After the Lie: A gripping novel about love, loss and family secrets - Kerry Fisher

Lydia has a secret which she and her family have kept for 30 years, and all is well with her world until a new family move in nearby - will the secret be a secret for much longer? I loved the way this was written, the references to places in Surrey and the cover which was enticing. I'm not too sure why I liked it so much as some of the characters were rather unpleasant, nor was the secret too earth shattering. Lydia was often irritating and weak - does the woman not have a backbone? Her father was a lovely man despite what had happened and her mother was often unintentionally funny. This is the first book I've read by Kerry Fisher and it won't be the last.