boudicca

alwaysbooks

Powerless - Tim Washburn

Solar storms - no electricity in the northern hemisphere leaving people to their own devices. I love world changing disaster books, so couldn't resist this one, especially after seeing the cover. Sadly though the story didn't quite hit the mark - it wasn't menacing enough, it didn't need the Middle East sections, far too much about the US president and not enough about some of the other characters especially in the aftermath. It would have been interesting to see how they got through it all, how they survived everything. A shame too that the ending was rushed. Love the idea for the book - certainly makes you think!