boudicca

alwaysbooks

Tell Me Lies - Samantha Hayes

A Three and a Half rating. Rick goes out one morning but doesn't come home and Gina doesn't know if he is dead or alive and doesn't cope at all well. She and daughter Hannah get the opportunity to stay for a few days in a country hotel, run by the rather creepy Susan who is too effusive, too friendly. Gina and Hannah are a bit slow on the uptake it has to be said. Sadly, for me, there were no surprises in this book and had worked out the plot almost from the start. It was written well and keeps the reader turning the pages and definitely did have its moments. So take it on holiday or read it if you have a spare few hours as it passes the time nicely!