boudicca

alwaysbooks

Baby Doll - Hollie Overton

Lily, twin sister to Abby, has been held hostage for 8 years until one day realises she could escape, which is where this tale begins. I loved the cover and premise but felt it didn't quite live up to expectations. Would the captor have made such a big mistake, allowing Lily to get out? Shouldn't the "prison" have been better protected? There was no need for the mother's POV really as she didn't add much to the story, Abby wasn't at all likeable, in fact rather selfish and Lily was just plain annoying! The jail sections were a bit implausible. Although it wasn't totally gripping, it did while away the time nicely and would be a good holiday read - not too long or taxing and easy to pick up where you left off. I enjoyed this enough to read another book by this author.