boudicca

alwaysbooks

Sleep Sister: A page-turning novel of psychological suspense - Laura Elliot

Sisters Beth and Sara living in a small Irish village. Not a very nice childhood, especially for Beth, who was constantly chastised and blamed for everything by her "loving" mother. I really liked the start (and the end) of this book, but then it got rather bogged down with just too many characters coming and going. Having enjoyed other books by this author, looked forward to reading this one, but sadly it wasn't quite as good. The cover and description was enticing, but it was more saga than thriller, a bit on the slow side and I found myself skimming sections. It was disturbing at times, with secrets, abuse of power and betrayal. I'm just sorry I didn't enjoy this as much as I'd expected to.