boudicca

alwaysbooks

Little Boy Blue: A Detective Helen Grace Thriller (A Helen Grace Thriller) - M.J. Arlidge

I feel this book should come with a warning that it is a two parter - nothing is resolved and you have to read the next one to find out what happens. It's a thrilling trip through the pages with a great plot and punchy writing so it's a pity it ends in such a way. There are the characters who are hard to like, including Helen Grace herself who is much too much of a maverick and is too self obsessed - it's time she sorted herself out, once and for all! I do like the fact that the author uses a different place (Southampton) which makes a nice change from London or Manchester. Hopefully it won't be too long before the next book so that this case can be finally solved!