boudicca

alwaysbooks

Painkiller - N. J. Fountain

I don't really know what to make of this book - sometimes I liked it and sometimes I didn't. Was it the characters or the plot? This is usually exactly the sort of novel I go for, but somehow it just didn't work for me although other people will love it. I thought the descriptions of Monica's pain and her daily struggles with it were excellent and could only have been written by someone who has suffered in the same way or who has done plenty of research/interviews. I also enjoyed the way it was written but it could have been a little shorter. Anyone who enjoys slightly different thrillers will really enjoy this story.