boudicca

alwaysbooks

Where the Memories Lie - Sibel Hodge

Not quite a 4 star rating - 3 1/2. Olivia's best friend (Katie) runs away over 20 years ago and no one ever hears from her again. Father-in-law Tom is in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimer's and confesses to a terrible deed. From that point on there is no stopping Olivia as she is like a missile intent on finding out what happened to Katie. I liked the story, the way it was written, how you were led to think different things at various times, but it was a bit too long with lots of unnecessary domestic trivia. Olivia was meddlesome, irritating with her assumption that she was always right. If she was so concerned about Katie why didn't she start looking a lot earlier! Plus she often treated her 12 year old daughter as if she were about 5 years old. I liked this book enough to try others by this author.