boudicca

alwaysbooks

Square Affair - Timmothy J Holt

One outsider and four other men, sons of a very small US town in the late 1960's. A small minded place where everyone knows everyone else's business and homosexuality is not only frowned on but a crime too. So what happens when these 5 men are discovered in the public toilets? The events are told from several different viewpoints and there were several moving sections when the men explained how they felt/were feeling. Sadly many of the characters were only concerned about how the town would react to what had happened, and not about the men or their well being. Thankfully things have changed since those days and people are much more enlightened now - everyone can be true to themselves.