boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Girl With No Past  - Kathryn Croft

This starts with a very descriptive car crash and then moves forwards and backwards as we see what makes Leah what she is. She keeps herself to herself, doesn't encourage friendships and isn't happy unless she is following her strict routines. She works in a library, lives in a horrible flat with just her laptop and books for company. Then she starts to get cards, strange emails - someone is trying to make her already miserable life even worse. This would have got 4 stars but the amount of time the word "my" was used was beginning to get irritating. Plus the way Leah accepted everything that happened without question, just meekly retreating back to that flat of hers - she was very annoying! I did spot who the culprit was but didn't know why until the end. I did like the story very much and it kept me turning the pages as I did want to know what really happened when the foursome were at school, what made Leah almost a recluse. The author has definitely got a winner on her hands with this book.