boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Lies We Tell - Meg Carter

Kat and Jude were friends at school or rather were a couple of misfits who kept each other company. One hot afternoon in 1989 Jude was attacked whilst they were having a walk in the countryside. Kat fled - to get help or escape? Fast forward 20 years and Jude makes an unwelcome appearance in Kat's life and from that moment things begin to go badly wrong in Katy's life, nasty things happen. She is such a wishy washy type that it is hard to feel anything much for her in her predicament. Jude too is unappealing in a different way. I quite liked the story but not as much as I thought I would from its description. There were no "jump out of your skin" moments, but it was readable and I would try something else by this author.