boudicca

alwaysbooks

Someone to Save You - Paul Pilkington

Sam seems to be a man of mystery - he just happened to be first on the scene when a mother drove her car on to a railway line. He manages to rescue the children before the train came. Fifteen years ago his best friend was found guilty of raping and murdering his sister, but has now been released from jail still insisting his innocence. Now Dr Sam is being followed and is getting strange messages, silent phone calls. The idea of this is great but for me it just didn't come off. So many loose ends, characters behaving unprofessionally, a hurried finale and the the reveal which was totally implausible. The author was good at taking the reader along on a thrilling ride, but the trouble was he then leaves you stranded at the top of a roller coaster! This is the first book I've read by this author and I may try another in the future.