boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Bad Things - Mary-Jane Riley

Alex is a journalist for a magazine and 15 years ago her twin nephew and niece were abducted from her garden. Only the boy has been discovered so when one of the killers has been released from jail on a technicality she interviews her, hoping to find out what has happened to the little girl and to give her sister Sasha some closure. I started off enjoying this book, but as it went on liked it less and less, finding most of the characters annoying and sadly it all became just a bit too predictable. Other people will absolutely love this so it is probably just me! I did like the way it was written and was gripped enough to see how it all panned out, and would be happy to read something else by this new author.