boudicca

alwaysbooks

A Parcel for Anna Browne - Miranda Dickinson

Anna is just ordinary, mousey even. The sort of woman who doesn't stand out in a crowd and that's the way she likes it. Then, someone starts sending presents to her at work (a daily newspaper) and she has no idea who is doing it. The gifts are unusual but always things she loves. As more arrive Anna is getting less mousey and much bolder and assertive. Not everything that happens is good, with one or two not so nice surprises, which she didn't expect. This is a great, "feel good" book, easy to read, great descriptions and beautifully written. It was a real pleasure to go with Anna on her journey as she finally comes into her own. Would love to read other books by this author.