boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Artificial Anatomy of Parks - Kat Gordon

This is Tallulah's story - before and after her mother died. It seems to her that the whole family (apart from her) know what the secret is and no one wants to tell her and despite eavesdropping whenever she can, is none the wiser. She has an abrasive character and at first is not very likeable, but then I found myself admiring how gutsy she was and how brutally honest. I loved how the book was written despite the secrets being a bit obvious! Some great descriptions of coping after a death, how awkward some relatives can be and life in a boarding school with the various cliques. All in all a pretty good first book - hopefully the first of many.