boudicca

alwaysbooks

Wonderland - Jennifer Hillier

Judging by the cover it looks as if this would be a creepy tale, but it wasn't at all, which is a shame as I rather like books which feature creepy clowns and dolls! Vanessa needs to get away from her life in Seattle and becomes Deputy Police Chief in Seaside where everything revolves around Wonderland but this isn't such an idyllic place after all. Young men are missing and bodies are being found, people are secretive. The main women characters had something in common in that they were both sex mad. I did like the way the book was written even though I did work out "who dunnit" before the reveal came. Just wish there were a few sinister moments, especially with a cover like this one. The author is talented enough to make me want to read more of her books.