boudicca

alwaysbooks

After Anna - Alex Lake

Julia's meeting overruns, she's forgotten to charge her phone so couldn't let the school know she was going to be late. This could happen to anyone couldn't it?? Today though, someone grabs 5 year old Anna and keeps her for a week before letting her go. Julia is extremely unlikeable and her husband Brian is a weak, mummy's boy. For a supposedly educated woman it took a long time for Julia to catch on - it was pretty obvious who the culprit was from the start. This ought to have been really gripping but I wasn't - lots of people will be. It was OK albeit a trifle far fetched. I enjoyed the style of writing and found it easy to read.