boudicca

alwaysbooks

Cytomegalovirus: A Hospitalization Diary (Forms of Living (FUP)) - Hervé Guibert, Todd Meyers, Clara Orban, David Caron

This is the diary of the hospitalisation of Herve Guibert because of an eye infection. He died of AIDS in France at the age of 36 in 1991. It also includes Todd Meyer's experience with AIDS too. It seems as if hospitals are pretty much the same with the mix of good, kind people and those who are not so nice. Such a shame how too many of the staff treated him like an object, not a person who has hopes, dreams and feelings. It made me feel shame on their behalf. It is to be hoped that lessons have been learnt since those days. A poignant and thought provoking book.