boudicca

alwaysbooks

Sewing the Shadows Together - Alison Baillie

Shona, Tom's sister is raped and murdered aged 13 years. Jump forward to almost 40 years when Tom is back in Edinburgh. He has returned from South Africa to scatter his mother's ashes in the Western Isles. There is a school reunion too where he sees Sarah again. She was Shona's best friend. Who really is the murderer? The accused man is being released as it turned out to be an "unsafe conviction". I liked this despite of one character being unbelievably selfish and another being an absolute doormat. The descriptions were good and it was an easy read even if I did work out who it was! I would certainly read something else written by this author.