boudicca

alwaysbooks

The Mistake I Made: A Novel - Paula Daly

Roz is in serious debt, mainly due to her pathetic ex husband and is on the verge of being evicted from her home when she receives an offer from an unexpected source. Scott will give her money but she has to spend the night with him and if she wants more money then the arrangement has to be repeated. From this point things begin to spiral out of her control. The book had a slow start but got better as it went along. I didn't really like Roz so consequently cared little about what happened to her - a lot due to the decisions she made. I found it interesting enough to read to the end and I liked the Lake District setting. I will read something else by this talented author.